Sunday 2 November 2014

Quotes on Quotes

Quotes on Quotes

Life itself is a quotation.
Jorge Luis Borges

In the dying world I come from, quotation is a national vice.
Evelyn Waugh

To be amused at what you read - that is the great spring of quotation.
Charles Edward Montague

I get asked to read new works a lot, in the hope that I will give a quotation and I will only give a 'puff' for a book I truly love.
Peter James



A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought.
Dorothy L. Sayers

Be careful--with quotations, you can damn anything.
André Malraux

Quotations express your life experience.
Jay Doll

Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another.
Ambrose Bierce

I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

In quoting others, we cite ourselves.
Julio Cortázar

0 comments: